PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, March 14, 2011

The Beauty of Mountains

So, this will be something new. I honestly don't expect anyone to read what I post on here, but I do like to write, and journal, and take pictures, and what better way to do all of those things in one place than my very own blog? It also took me a very long time to make this, mainly because I couldn't think of a name. I still can't think of one, so temporarily, this will be the name. I am not sure how this is going to go, or how often I will post, or if I will ever even post again, but it is worth going for I guess!

For now, I have two great stories to tell. The first involves being on spring break last week and heading up to Montreat/ Black Mountain, North Carolina, for a couple of days. We headed out on Wednesday and some friends and I enjoyed some great time relaxing and resting in the Lord's presence. There doesn't seem to be a better place that we could have done just that. The mountains surrounded us, and it was evident that God's hand made them beautiful. It snowed on the Thursday night, and it was beautiful too. Who knew I would enjoy snow on my spring break- when every one is on some beach somewhere getting tan, I am pretty sure I was getting more pale...

But anyways, the weekend went on with some quiet time, prayer, worship, great meals, and awesome christian fellowship. And some eno-ing over the creek behind our cabin.

 Then on Saturday, we decided to go on a hike. An EIGHT MILE hike. Yes, I said eight. We left around 1, and hiked up and down and up and down and so on. We reached seven different mountain peaks, and the views well worth it. When we reached the half way point, this is what we saw:
Beautiful, right? And so worth it. The hike down was fun. We ran a lot of the way because it was almost all straight downhill. Needless to say, my joints and muscles were hurting a little bit, and still are right now. Ouch. But the best part is that, after the hike was over, my friend that chose which trails we were going on decided to tell us the difficulty levels: one was strenuous, two very very strenuous, and the other one was for experience hikers only. I could have punched him! WHAT! In a way though, I felt very accomplished, and I was proud of myself and the other two girls on the hike. We did it! So we took a victory photo:
victory! 
It was so amazing to see such beauty all around us, God's creation is so beautiful! Ah. I just can't get over it! He loves us so much that he gives us the most amazing things! How lucky are we?!

The second story took place a couple of minutes ago, you may not think it is very funny, but me and my buddy Clair Miller sure did. We were sitting at Marion Square eating our chips and wueso (also known as queso) on a blanket, and we saw a number of funny things. The first was a group of about 20 police officers practicing riding their bikes, helmets and all, up and down the stairs. Then they proceeded to practice jumping off of the bikes, ripping their helmets off, and chasing after "the bad guy". Just picture it. Then, after that, we saw two Arabian/ Middle Eastern men walking, and then they stopped, to take pictures of squirrels? I mean, last time I checked, I was trying to run over a squirrel intentionally with my car (its a fun game, you should try it- they are so fast I haven't hit one yet!). Anyways, these men were fascinated, and giggling to themselves too. Oh what a sight. The last was kind of interesting...? There was an older man, maybe 70, he was very tall and lanky, and his shorts were entirely too short, I could see his boxers if that tells you anything. He was walking very very very slowly down the side walk... BACKWARDS! Who does that? Well, he sure does. Then, a couple of feet behind him, a pole approached, that he didn't see of course, because unlike my mother, he doesn't have eyes in the back of his head. Clair and I waited in suspense as he nailed the pole with his back... poor guy! Sure gave us a good laugh though. 

So, that is the end of my long, first post of my wonderful new blog. I didn't read through to edit this, so I hope you enjoyed laughing at all my spelling errors and grammatical mistakes! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Sounds like you had an awesome spring break! I've never been hiking but it sounds like fun, tiring, but fun.
    Those stories are absolutely hilarious! I would have loved to see the cops practicing their biking skills! Were any of them overweight? I could see at-least one of the guys struggling! Then the backwards walking guy sounds all to funny! I would have laughed so hard that he would have said something to me! lol

    ReplyDelete