PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Next Design Star....

Some fun things have been going down at the James household this week. We've been rearranging! I love moving furniture and I love rearranging the furniture in my room.. I do it about once a month... not kidding. The move was a little different this time. (Here's a little back story: in our house, we have 3 bedrooms and a 'playroom'. Each child has lived in the playroom, because it is the biggest room in our house. So my brother had it until he moved to college, then I had it until I moved to college, and now my sister has it.) We had the bright idea this summer to move my bed into my sister's room (the big playroom) and make my room into a hangout room. I know, we sound like five year olds, getting so excited about sharing a room and having a hangout room, but this thing is awesome! It basically become our craft room, and I never thought having a room designated just for crafting would be so inspirational. I have been crafting and sewing like no one's business! Needless to say, I have been busy sewing and drawing and painting since we made this room. It is going to get a new paint job soon (maybe even a chalkboard wall), but for now, it is a source of motivation and inspiration for some crazy crafting! Here are some of the crafts I have completed in the new room:

I made this awesome new bible cover, which was in my last blog post. I'm in love with it.

the outside- three fabrics I put together.
it even has these great pockets for the Bible to slide in.

I took the ugly sleeves off this shirt and made it this cute tank top!

Before
After
I made this awesome journal to take to Honduras.

Front
Back

1 comment: