PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, October 14, 2012

I'm a sailin' machine

Have you ever had that serious adrenaline rush where you are terrified and completely pumped at the same time? That's how I felt when I went sailing yesterday. My roomie (not really my roomie anymore because my grandma is my roomie now, but I will always refer to her as my roomie), Clair and I took the 420 out into the river midday. After some struggles getting the sails and lines all straight from the last person who didn't put it away correctly, we were pretty frustrated. Comments were made that we might start 'cursing like sailors'... yeah, we thought we were pretty pun-ny too. We made it off the dock and were FLYING. I have never traveled so fast in a sailboat before. And I have only crewed once in my life. So with my lovely skipper, we went up and down and up and down the river. And we were hikin' out like so:


























It was a blast and there were many times when my facial expression went from laughing to a look of straight up terror when I thought we were going to flip. Needless to say, I survived and had a BLAST.

No comments:

Post a Comment