PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

My Strange Addiction

I wouldn't necessarily call it an addiction, but it sure is getting pretty close. I really don't go shopping that much, but when I do, I really go for it. And not usually at the name brand stores- I am a wannabe thrifter. Goodwill is my favorite store. Some of you are probably really grossed out right now. I don't care. I'm all for hand-me-downs that only cost $3. Yesterday, I did my weekly goodwill trip. I got a cart this time. When you see someone at Goodwill with a cart, you know they are legitimately shopping. Legit shopping at Goodwill doesn't really happen often with kiddos my age. Most people go to find something for a $5 prom or an 80s party. But not I. Half of my wardrobe is from that glorious place. I was only slightly embarrassed to have a cart full of clothes when I saw a bunch of Bishop England students shopping for 'tacky tourist' day of spirit week. I got about $800 worth of clothes for $50! I was so excited that I told everyone I saw yesterday. And then went a step further and showed them all of my purchases. Here's what I got because I just can't wait to tell you:

Gap jeans
Gap jorts
Roxy shirt
J-Crew jacket
J-Crew shirt
Old Navy dress 
$435 designer dress (with tags still on it!)
Gap dress
Marshall's dress
Old Navy vest
Talbots sweater
Theme shirt

Anyways, that is all I have to say for now. Bargain shopping is the way to go, people. Do it. 


1 comment:

  1. Have you been to the Goodwill on Clements Ferry Road? They always have great stuff.

    ReplyDelete