PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, June 28, 2013

I shall not be shaken

I have some of the sweetest friends a girl could ask for. Before I left for Honduras about a month ago, I had breakfast with two dear friends of mine. They each wrote me a few letters to read throughout my trip. One of the envelopes was labeled: "read this when you need some encouragement." I will be honest, I was hoping that I wouldn't have to read this one all summer, but the real truth is that God has challenged me in more ways than I could have imagined since I have been here. The other night as I was having a minor emotional meltdown, I remembered this letter. After opening it, I clung to the words written on it: words of love, words of affirmation, words of true encouragement. The tears were flowing even more now. Although my friend had written that she saw Jesus in me, I was seeing Jesus in her and her words in this moment. She had listed a number of verses on the back, but the first one was enough to get me going and thinking for this entire week.


"For God alone my soul waits in silence;
    from him comes my salvation.
He alone is my rock and my salvation,    
my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken."
Psalm 62:1-2

If you are like me, I have heard this verse many times throughout the years, but I never really took the words directly to my heart. 

When my heart is trying to pull me in a million different directions, my God is the solid rock that holds my salvation. 

When I feel like my world is crumbling around me, God is my fortress. 

And I certainly will not be shaken!


No comments:

Post a Comment