PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Facing my Banking Fears...

So I feel like I haven't really had anything to write about for a little while, but today I accomplished something big. It may not seem like anything to the average American, but for me, man. It's tough. Today I went to the bank. I really don't like the bank. I can handle the drive-thru, as long as I just have to turn in a deposit or cash a check or something, and usually the casual, "How are you?" and "Have a good day." But when I have to go inside, I don't handle it well. The only time I have ever been in the bank, from what I can recall, is when I went with my mom a few times as a child, and when I went with my mom to get my debit card 2 years ago. Other than that, I avoid the bank. Anyways, you get the picture. But today, this very day, I conquered my fear. I went inside the bank. AHH. I walked right up to that counter and I told that scary woman that I needed a deposit slip. She turned out to be a very very nice woman. Actually, a little too nice. It scared me even more. Then I walked over to a different desk and got my online banking access. She starting asking me all these questions, and I almost started to panic. What if she asks me a question I don't know the answer too. Crap, I don't know anything about banking. Well, she didn't ask me anything I didn't know the answer to. And it turned out to be so easy. Let's just say, I left the bank feeling very accomplished. And knowing that I need to stop being such a baby.

That's all for now.


1 comment: