PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, February 27, 2012

Down in the Dumps

    This may be due to a combination of things, like the fact that it is pouring outside or the fact that one of my teachers cancelled class 10 minutes before it started after I biked all the way to campus in the rain. But the bottom line is that today, I was not really feeling it. I just knew it wasn't going to be a good day when I woke up. Then, of course, God had some other plans.
     For a little background on the past few weeks, they've been kinda bleh at times. I've been missing the children in Honduras, I haven't been loving school (not many people do though, so that's kind of normal), I got pretty sick with the stomach bug, and on top of all that, haven't felt very good about my walk with the Lord. Contrary to what we are constantly told about God's love for us, I've been feeling like He has been very disappointed in me.
     So this brings us back to this morning, with the rain (which I normally love unless I have to bike to class in it). I  remembered that my friend told me he had prayed for me and wrote down some words he felt like the Lord wanted me to hear. He told me last night that he stuck them in the back of my bible, so I pulled them out and gave 'em a look. I can not explain the encouragement that came from that little piece of paper, filled with words telling me that the Lord was pleased with me, and proud of me. It humors me how much the Lord can change the direction your day is going, just like that! He knows me, He knows my heart, and He knows my struggles and my triumphs. He is with me through all of it.

Be encouraged today, because God is with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment