PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Semester is Ending

Well, it is coming to the end. The semester is almost over. It has gone by so fast. I can't tell if I am ready yet. Moving on to being a sophomore. whattttt. Living in an apartment, grocery shopping for myself, getting a job, and one thing I am scared about- cooking for myself. I have never been the best cook... let's just say the microwave is going to be a great friend to me next year!
This semester has been such a great one- this year as a whole has been great. It had its ups and its down, but in the end I know it was all in God's will- all the challenges and all the good times. All of it.

Here is my year in a nutshell:

I played volleyball at Erskine College and found the most amazing family there...

Made some amazing friends and built relationships that will last forever. 
Managed to fall asleep at every possible moment I had the chance. 
Had the privilege of watching my sister win the state volleyball championship and win Player of the Year. I am so proud of my baby. 
Managed to keep myself sane during first semester exam week b acting absolutely insane...
Went to a Justin Bieber concert and cried like a 13 year old. 
Enjoyed many beautiful afternoons at the Battery with friends. 
Managed to embarrass myself on Valentine's day. 
Climbed to the top of seven different mountains. 
Witnessed the first human being to ever crawl through a tree trunk. 
Managed to dress and act like a hipster for a night.  
Managed to receive three injuries while slip n sliding on a very large slip n slide.
Found the ugliest prom dress in the world and secretly loved it in the end.
Managed to embarrass myself once again at the Freshman dance at Erskine...
Managed to embarrass myself YET AGAIN at a birthday party. 
           So basically, I had a marvelous year, filled with very exciting things. Two different colleges, two very different towns, and many different friends. I managed to embarrass myself in more ways than I can count. I cried a lot, smiled a lot, and laughed so hard it hurt. I have learned so much, about life, growing up, responsibility, and how I was created to do all the embarrassing, funny, sad, and hard things for the glory of my Lord and Savior. Thanks goes to Jesus for making me who I am, and providing me with all I need and all I have. Without him, I am nothing.

1 comment: