PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

So it has been a very fun week. Filled with much more adventure than usual. Well, if I say that, then you guys will be disappointed when you see that much more adventure for me isn't much adventure at all.
On Friday night, we had our last Large group meeting for InterVarsity campus ministry. All of the small group leaders received some quality prayer- and I am lucky to be one of them! Yup... it's true, I gave in. And my feelings are a combination of terrified, excited, nervous, and so many more. Seems to me that my thoughts are a little more nervous than excited. Which is okay...
Saturday was a pretty eventful day. After spending the night out on Friday night, I walked around downtown a bit and then headed off to be a hipster. I don't just classify hipsters as individuals who dress cool and act cool, but they also like to be artsy! (In my version of a hipster at least). So my friends and I decided to be artsy, so therefore, we decided to be hipsters.
We went to my dad's shop and got lots of random pieces of wood scraps, then to Walmart to buy some spray paint, and then we got to hipstering. This is what resulted:


You might not be able to see it or what it says, but it is representational of the verse: "He raises up the poor from the dust; he lifts the needy from the ashes; he seats them with princes and has them inherit a throne of honor."

Then that night, we ate and ate some more and then went to bed. Oh, and I can't forget to mention that we took some Christmas family photos...



 On Sunday morning we woke up and went to three church services to make announcements about our hopeful trip to Africa in June. This went well and I didn't think the day could get any better. UNTIL we went out to Rockville for a picnic at Grace Chapel. It was absolutely beautiful!


From there we headed back to school and then went to a nice dinner at Vickery's on Shem Creek. It was beautiful, but unfortunately we left the camera in the car and didn't take any pictures. 

Monday came along pretty quickly and we went to Caroline's house where her parents cooked a lovely dinner for us! Vegetarian Spinach Lasagna... SO GOOD! And also what appeared to be the best cake I would have ever tasted.... but I didn't get to have any due to my fast. One of the toughest moments of my fast so far. 

Tuesday was our last Buddy Time small group EVER! What a sad day! To grow in Christ with other believers every week has been such a blessing. The relationships that were built on the foundation of Christ are so strong. I am thankful to have been so welcomed in this group! 
From there, I went to the Pride and Prejudice play, performed by the College of Charleston. After reading the play and seeing the film production, and loving both of them, I didn't think it was possible to be any more blown away. I sure was wrong! The accents, the wit, the looks, the outfits, the language. Everything was amazing! 

So far, the past week has been a great one, and I am so grateful to have been a part of it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment