PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, June 20, 2011

Sailing off into the sunset.

Lately I have been thinking a lot about happily ever after. (You know, the one where the two people in love sail off into the sunset without a care in the world?) Don't ask me why, but it's been on my mind. Okay fine, I will be honest, I know why. I just finished reading a book called A Lady In Waiting. This book opened my eyes to a whole lot of things, but specifically to seeing Jesus as my true love. Reading through every little page of this book was one of the best things I have done this summer. Embracing singleness is the greatest! One of my favorite quotes from the book was: "A woman is not born a woman. Nor does she become one when she marries a man, bears a child and does their dirty linen, not even when she joins a liberation movement. A woman becomes a woman when she becomes what God wants her to be." I also learned that sometimes we need a spiritual "eye wash" to get out all of the debris of the enemy that gets caught in our eyes. The best "eye wash" we can give ourselves is time in the Word. Sounds like a pretty legit book right? I am sure I am making myself seem like that girl who can't stand being single and needs a man pronto, but don't be mistaken! The big man upstairs may have a man prepared for me, or He may not, BUT for now- I am just a lady in waiting who likes to watch sunsets. 












No comments:

Post a Comment