PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Lazy Day

I couldn't really think of a title for this post, but it's not going to be too long anyways. So what the heck. Today was a very lazy day. I woke up around 8:15, made a cup of coffee and started off my day by driving my sister to volleyball weight lifting. I sat in the car and started reading a book. You will see that his book would then occupy the rest of my day. I forgot how much I love reading. Every time I read, I think that same thing. My reading habits are inconsistent to say the least. When we got home from weights, I read until lunch time. After eating some left over mac n cheese I made last night, I hit up Goodwill. And then a few other thrifty-type shops. I came home exhausted with only a skirt and a pair of shorts and put my face into that book again. I read all afternoon until I had to eat dinner, and then read all night. I just finished at approximately 11:00 p.m. This book drew me in, just like any successful book should do, and I could not stop reading. I love/hate when this happens. Love: I literally removed myself from the world for a whole day and read an entire book. Score. Hate: But I also had lots of packing to do and was very unproductive. Oops. Anyways, I am going to recommend this book to any girl out there (it's Nicholas Sparks, of course). It is filled with love affairs, a psycho alcoholic, a very scarred woman, a kind hearted man, an interesting psychologist neighbor*, and two adorable children- all intertwined in a story of pain, healing, love, hatred, and suspense (trust me, it isn't at all that you think and it will continue to surprise you the more you read). Most definitely worth my lazy day:

Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks
*You will see why I call the neighbor "interesting" when you reach the last 2 chapters of this book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment