PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, August 13, 2012

Nails and Nannying

I love when I get to spend 12 hours nannying with my two favorite little girls. We get to craft all day! They love crafting with me, and I get to test out some of the things I have been wanting to try out for myself. Today we took a stab at what I know everyone has seen on pinterest... THIS.  I asked the girls what they wanted to create: one said a flower (which I forgot to take pictures of) and the other chose the starfish shown below. It was so easy and we had a blast making them!

All you have to do is trace or draw the shape you want on a piece of wood (we chose to paint our wood a color first, which most people would, I'm sure). Then you place nails about a cm apart from each other along your drawing. Pick a figure with something in the middle of it, so you have a place to connect the string too. Tie one end of your string to a nail where you want to start, and begin wrapping! Tie it off at the end and you have your masterpiece!

These turned out so well, that I am ready to take on my creation of Honduras using this technique!







































We did the starfish a little differently because of its odd shape. We ended up doing a zigzag pattern rather than straight lines of string from the outside nails to the inside nails like we did on the flower

No comments:

Post a Comment