PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Pillow Party


I went fabric store hopping on Thursday with a friend, and she didn't do a good job of not letting me buy a ton of fabric... So yesterday I made some pillows for my soon-to-be room using this tutorial. It was super easy and each pillow took me under 10 minutes to make!

What you need:
1/2 yard of fabric (for pillows smaller than 18 inches)
and a pillow form

What to do:
1. Cut the fabric. For my 15x15in pillow, I cut one piece measuring 15x34in. (Your fabric should measure 'pillow side' by 'pillow side x2 plus 4 inches')
2. Hem the two short sides of the fabric to make clean edges.
3. Fold the fabric in on both ends (right side of the fabric inside) so that there is a square the size of the pillow in the middle. (For mine this means that I folded each end in 9.5". There should be a couple of inches of overlap. 
4. Sew across the top and bottom.
5. Flip inside out and put your pillow in!







































Here are some pics of the ones I made:






























I had to stop myself from making any more! They are just too easy!


No comments:

Post a Comment