PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The fun begins...

...actually not so much. Today was my first day of classes. I thought I would humor you (mainly myself) with a list of things that brought me joy and pain today.

1. I got out of my car and the first person I saw was my Econ professor from last semester whose final I failed and whose class I barely came out of with a C... Should I have been embarrassed? Probably not, but I turned as red as a tomato.

2. I saw my first trip of the semester within 30 seconds of walking out of the parking garage. I love the uneven sidewalks of downtown when I am not the one tripping...

3. I witnessed my first "rough night" conversation between two very hungover sorority girls.

4. I heard the usual "did you go out last night" and "where'd you end up last night" questions at least 5 times on my short walk from the parking garage to my first class.

5. I saw three girls, who had to be freshman (no one else would put themselves through this torture if they weren't freshmen who didn't know), wearing 5 inch heals and mini skirts to their classes.

6. My history teacher is French. He has an accent and pronounces 'renaissance' in a way that will melt your heart. He also cracks corny jokes, which is the best.

7. I couldn't tell if my Ethics teacher was a boy or a girl, due to the shave head and mohawk. It was a girl, and her name is Ornaith. I actually love her now.

8. The girl next to me threw her water bottle in the trash can when I wasn't expecting it. She startled the whole class, but of course, I was the only one who let out an embarrassing squeal. That surely was an icebreaker, as everyone got a good laugh out of it!

9. I didn't know a single person in any of my classes and it reminded me of how popular I am............

10. I found out my Public Health class is all presentations in front of the class. There isn't anything that gives me more anxiety than speaking in front of my class. GREAT.

Let the games begin! 

1 comment:

  1. In re item # 9: You are very popular in Honduras. Come back.

    ReplyDelete